Tuesday 7 February 2012

Hooroo

 The rest of my trip here will be relatively uneventful, and I've decided to finish up with the blog till I get home. I'll continue to update it with my racing back in Australia, but the Belgian adventure has come to an end.

Here is a brief summary of my trip:
-Raced 3 World Cups
-Represented my country at the World Champs in front of the biggest ever crowd at a CX race; 61,000
-Raced 2 GVA Trophee Races
-Got 2nd at the VWF race. (I looked up the guy who beat me, he won 15 races this season!)
-Got paid to race the Otegem C2 race
-Won a meat platter
-Made plenty of new friends and some handy contacts.
-I only came last once!
-I finished every race I entered
-I am now ranked 288th in the World for CX
-I have hopefully inspired some more Australians to start racing CX locally, and hopefully also head overseas.

Again I would like to thank everyone who has made my trip possible. Roeland, Rose and their friends and family, the people at home and the Belgians who have supported me and all my sponsors for their generous support, in particular, Giant Bicycles, who have helped subsidise my trip. If you are in the market for a bike, tyres, sports supplements (in Belgium), or a bike service, please consider helping my sponsors out as they did for me, and mention my site brought you there! If you haven't already, please visit my thank you post to see how everyone has helped make the trip such a success.
http://ratracingcx.blogspot.com/2012/01/thank-you-all.html


I've also done another interview on a friend's blog:
http://grannygearblog.com/2012/02/the-australian-cyclocross-situation/

I have had a heap of people sending me their photos from my various races over here, and have certainly appreciated them all. I met Tanaka Sonoko whilst staying with the Japanese team in Koksijde, and she emailed me some superb photos which you can see below. As with any photographer on my blog, please contact them before you use their photography. Some are amateurs doing it for fun, and others are trying to make a living out of it.









This has been the most amazing trip I've ever been on. Thanks for following my blog, and please check back every now and then to see what I've been up to.
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment